[Gambas-user] TAB on keyboard

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Mon Feb 6 14:40:24 CET 2012

Hi All,

When making forms I determine hierarchy of the controls on the form for
navigating the form with TAB-key during runtime. This to make the forms
more user friendly.

Simple example:
---------------
Application with 1 form with 3 ValueBoxes.
ValBox1 and ValBox2 for input
ValBox3 for output (lets say sum of ValboX1 and ValBox2)
ValBox3 is read only
ValBox1 has focus on opening form
Button1 for close
Hierarchy on form is ValBox1, ValBox2, Button1, ValBox3.

Running application then fill in ValBox1.
Hit TAB-key brings you to ValBox2, fill in and ValBox3 gets calculated.
Hit Tab-key brings you to Button1

So far so good.
Now hitting Tab-key brings you to ValBox3. (no input field but a read
only), I would like it to go back to ValBox1 and skip the read only
controls. In VB I could determine if a control was effected by use of
TAB-key or not by a property on the control.

I'm running into this on all my input forms in all my applications
(Gambas2) and it is bothering me. Been looking for a solution for some
time but haven't found any.

Is there a way in Gambas2 (or Gambas3), when using TAB-key on keyboard
to have it skip (in my case all read only) controls and just go to those
that matter for input?

Thanks,

Willy