[Gambas-user] Help for Image and Picture Colors

tobias tobiasboe1 at ...20...
Sat Feb 4 01:19:46 CET 2012

On 04.02.2012 01:12, tobias wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I really need help. There's a lot of work with colors in Images and
> Pictures in a project and between these classes. This is generally
> speaking as follows: I have a class which has an 8*8px Image which is
> manipulated (due to the easy of accessing pixels directly). Using a
> property of my class, I provide access to a scaled version of the Image
> as a Picture (which is created when requested). So I do some things and
> when manually resizing the Image to get the prototype of the Picture to
> return (it is needed as bigger version of the Image without
> anti-aliasing, I don't get this result with Image.Stretch(), and doing
> it manually is not a problem) there seem to appear problems with
> transparency. I read that Pictures do not have an alpha channel and I
> noticed that colors from the ColorChooser or Color class are given with
> alpha channel set to 0x00 which will be transparent for the Image
> class... so I tried adding&Hff000000&  to whatever color is assigned to
> any pixel in the 8*8px Image or not to do it and some other experiments
> but nothing worked on the entire project. there's always something
> transparent or black or whatever. I really go nuts with this. Anyone to
> my rescue?
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

wait a minute. I forgot to say that I don't even need the transparency
feature of the Image class. I only use Image - as I said - because of
Image[x, y] pixel access. For the meantime - or as a final solution?
there may be a lot of those accesses and I thought using Image[x, y]
will be the most efficient way to go - I switch to using an 8*8px
Picture and Draw.Pixel() instead but I would really appreciate anyone
clarify this topic to me.