[Gambas-user] How to convert unix timestamp into gambas date and time

Rolf Schmidt rolf.frogs at ...221...
Fri Feb 3 10:32:00 CET 2012

Hi "another Rolf"

>> is there a function which allows to convert an unix timestamp into the
>> appropriated date/time in Gambas3?
>>
>> If, how is it called and how to use.

> Take a look at this one:
> http://gambasdoc.org/help/lang/stat?v3
> file.stat should deliver a file date. Or did I get you wrong?

For my problem, you get wrong. The unix timestamp is not only the time
of a file. It is the time in seconds since the 1. Jan. 1970. Even the
system clock only counts the seconds.

My problem is, that a network application send a timestamp as a string.
I have to convert this string into Date and Time - which is usually done
in C or PHP or... by a function of a system library (which of course
know leap years).

And some times I would like to generate a timestamp as well, for example
to send it to a database.

Another helper out there?

Rolf