[Gambas-user] Issue 206 in gambas: Can't compile Gambas3

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...626...
Wed Feb 1 15:23:28 CET 2012

Were you sure to remove the hidden svn files?

You may want to delete the trunk folder itself and then recreate it. In
fact, I'd create new gambas folder.

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 6:15 AM, John Rose <john.aaron.rose at ...626...> wrote:

> I deleted everything in my trunk directory and downloaded Gambas3
> revision #4445. I then recompiled Gambas3, compile log attached.
>
> In my view the compile/install is not working properly. When I run the
> attached Test project, clicking on the 'Select Directory' button still
> brings up the /home directory rather than /home/john when Dialog.Path is
> set to Home.User.
>
> /usr/bin/gambas3.gambas is still showing Date Modified as 31 December:
> it is the executable linked from  /usr/bin/gambas3 which is the menu
> item created for Gambas3. I've noticed that in /usr/local/bin, there are
> a number of executables & links (e.g. for gambas3 linking to
> gambas3.gambas) with Date modified of today. Even when I
> invoke /usr/local/bin/gambas3, it still shows the same version (i.e.
> 3.0.90 r172). Would the version be the same between the stable 3.0
> version & trunk's version (VERSION file contains 3.0.90)?

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?