[Gambas-user] gb.task and the event loop?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Sun Dec 23 23:08:12 CET 2012

Hi Benoit,

we have gb.task on our schedule now and I found two examples on the mailing
list:

- Olivier Cruilles: [0]
- Ivan Kern:        [1]

Well, the first one seems to be designed to do nothing (no Task-inheriting
object is instantiated at all - I don't know if it did work the time it was
written, though) but if one modifies it to create a Task, it is almost
instantly killed; just as if the Main() was executed and no event loop kicks
in, even if a Timer was created which, according to [2], compels the event
loop.

The second example, mainly listed for completeness, shows a workaround but
not a really satisfying one if one would like to do something else than
waiting.

So, is (or "shall be") gb.task allow operation with the event loop? What's
wrong with the first example (the modified one)?

Regards,
Tobi

[0] http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/attachment/24430/0/gbTask-0.0.1.tar.gz
[1] http://gambas.8142.n7.nabble.com/attachment/17637/0/TaskTest.zip