[Gambas-user] Issue 368 in gambas: .ForeGround not accepting color constants - Gambas 3.3.4

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Sun Dec 23 22:41:47 CET 2012

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 368 by t4769_a... at ...2320...: .ForeGround not accepting color
constants - Gambas 3.3.4
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=368

1) Describe the problem.

I created a config file that includes, [StartUp]
LabelColour="Color.Black".

The program includes:
lblTest.ForeGround =
       Settings["StartUp/LabelColour",
       "Color.White"]

When started, Gambas3 generates a line error,
"Type Mismatch: Wanted string got integer instead"

BreakPoints and debugging around the issue get what is expected,
Settings["StartUp/LabelColour",
       "Color.White"] = "Color.Black"

***Strange thing, when I wrote a test program it worked perfectly.***

Also:
lblTest.ForeGround = "Color.Black" generates no error messages.

I thought the Gambas3 code was the culprit but a removed and re-installed
Gambas3 but still have the problem.

I checked the form and class codes but all seems in order.

This problem is not limited to this label. I tried textlabels and buttons
also and the problem is duplicated with .ForeGround and .BackGround.

This is not normal behavior. I thought a reinstall would help. I also
thought removing the Gambas3.conf and starting over but that doesn't help.

Any help . . .

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

[System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.2.0-35-generic-pae
Architecture=i686
Memory=3095920 kB
DistributionVendor=Ubuntu
DistributionRelease="Kubuntu 12.04.1 LTS"
Desktop=KDE4

[Gambas 2]
Version=2.23.1
Path=/usr/bin/gbx2

[Gambas 3]
Version=3.3.4
Path=/usr/local/bin/gbx3

[Libraries]
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.2
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.10

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.
A sample project does not duplicate the issue.

4) If your project needs a database, try to provide it, or part of it.

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.
include ???.Foreground = Settings[ ... and the problem arises.

6) By doing that carefully, you have done 50% of the bug fix job!

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you encounter several different problems or bugs, (for
example, a bug in your project, and an interpreter crash while debugging
it), please create distinct issues!