[Gambas-user] Is it possible a portable Gambas?

Maria geaplanet at ...397...
Sat Dec 22 00:52:24 CET 2012

Is GB_DIR working in gambas3 too?

________________________________
 De: Maria <geaplanet at ...397...>
Para: mailing list for gambas users <gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net>
Enviado: Martes 18 de diciembre de 2012 20:44
Asunto: Is it possible a portable Gambas?

Hi,

In the gambas-es.org comunity has appeared this question several times and I was wondering if here had someone how has already tryed it.

If you put all gambas installation files in a folder, is there any posibility to load all gambas environment from it?

For example:

In
/home/user/gambas/

you'd have something like:

/home/user/gambas/bin
/home/user/gambas/lib
/home/user/gambas/share

And we try to load /home/usr/gambas/bin/gambas

Some users speak about a GB_DIR variable, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but we have made several tryes with no results.

It would be great if it was possible, because you could carry your gambas copy in a pendrive without worrying about installations, repositories, versions, etc...