[Gambas-user] LLVM compilation error

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Tue Dec 18 18:12:31 CET 2012

Hi Emil,

Hans gave me some output from his gb.jit compilation attempt:

--8<---------------

make[4]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/hans/3.4/gb.jit/src'
  CXX    gb_jit_la-jit_codegen.lo
In file included from jit_codegen.cpp:34:0:
jit.h:42:36: fatal error: llvm/Support/IRBuilder.h: No such file or
directory
compilation terminated.
make[4]: *** [gb_jit_la-jit_codegen.lo] Fehler 1
make[4]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/hans/3.4/gb.jit/src'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[3]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/hans/3.4/gb.jit'
make[2]: *** [all] Fehler 2
make[2]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/hans/3.4/gb.jit'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/hans/3.4'
make: *** [all] Fehler 2
hans at ...56...:~/3.4$ ^C

--8<---------------

He said that he installed LLVM's SVN snapshot according to your README.

(Despite your use of the #include "CWD_path" syntax for which I can't think
of a logical reason except to make people move their LLVM headers randomly
and erroneously to the Gambas installation when they glance at the sources
and don't quite understand exactly (as Hans did, as a real world example))
there is clearly an anomaly in Hans' installation or else the error would
not show up.

You said that LLVM is installed differently on different distributions so
it might be of interest for you where the file is on his machine:

$ find /usr -name IRBuilder.h
/usr/include/llvm/IRBuilder.h

This is from "UBUNTU 12.04 with Gnome" as he says.

Hope you can fix the compilation with this information for yet another
configuration ;-)

Regards,
Tobi