[Gambas-user] Gambas IDE application packager and dependency issue

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Dec 16 23:34:33 CET 2012

Le 16/12/2012 14:47, Willy Raets a écrit :
> I packaged an application that requires one of my Gambas libraries.
> Upon packaging I set min. version of library required to 0.3.7 (see
> screen01.png). I did NOT set max. required version.
>
> Upon installing on another system I got a screenshot returned where you
> can see min. req. version being 0.3.7.
> But it also states that max. required version has to be lower than
> 0.3.90!! (see screen02.png)
>
> Problem is my next library version (1.0.0) now doesn't install because
> application dependencies is set to 0.3.90 in the packaging process
> without me knowing of it if I didn't get screen02.png returned by
> someone!!
>
> I assume that leaving max dependency version empty means any other
> higher version will be accepted and that ONLY when I set a max. version
> that one will be taken. But that doesn't seem to be the case.
>
> As I said I now run into a kind of chicken and egg situation with the
> application update.
> Old application needs min. 0.3.7 and max. has been set to 0.3.90 by
> packager.
> New application needs min. 1.0.0, but 1.0.0 library version will NOT
> install because of old version req. max. 0.3.90!!
>
> If packager hadn't set max. version I could simply first update library
> next update application.
>        * Now I need to remove application, update library and install new
>          version application (and have to get the message out to all that
>          have the old version application installed!!)
>
> So my main question:
> Shouldn't leaving max. version dependency empty result in NO max.
> version dependency instead of packager filling in something?
> Is this a bug or intentional?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Willy

Normally, the dependency <= 0.3.90 appears only if "libgb3devaid" is
also a library (there is the assumption that the library will follow the
version scheme of the component). Is it the case? Can you send me your
project so that I analyze the behaviour of the packager with it?

Thanks.

--
Benoît Minisini