[Gambas-user] Gambas IDE application packager and dependency issue

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sun Dec 16 14:47:07 CET 2012

I packaged an application that requires one of my Gambas libraries.
Upon packaging I set min. version of library required to 0.3.7 (see
screen01.png). I did NOT set max. required version.

Upon installing on another system I got a screenshot returned where you
can see min. req. version being 0.3.7.
But it also states that max. required version has to be lower than
0.3.90!! (see screen02.png)

Problem is my next library version (1.0.0) now doesn't install because
application dependencies is set to 0.3.90 in the packaging process
without me knowing of it if I didn't get screen02.png returned by
someone!!

I assume that leaving max dependency version empty means any other
higher version will be accepted and that ONLY when I set a max. version
that one will be taken. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

As I said I now run into a kind of chicken and egg situation with the
application update.
Old application needs min. 0.3.7 and max. has been set to 0.3.90 by
packager.
New application needs min. 1.0.0, but 1.0.0 library version will NOT
install because of old version req. max. 0.3.90!!

If packager hadn't set max. version I could simply first update library
next update application.
      * Now I need to remove application, update library and install new
        version application (and have to get the message out to all that
        have the old version application installed!!)

So my main question:
Shouldn't leaving max. version dependency empty result in NO max.
version dependency instead of packager filling in something?
Is this a bug or intentional?

Thanks,

Willy