[Gambas-user] Issue 366 in gambas: Button BackGround Transparency - Gambas 3.3.4

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Sun Dec 16 05:00:29 CET 2012

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 366 by t4769_a... at ...2320...: Button BackGround Transparency -
Gambas 3.3.4
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=366

1) Describe the problem.
Further to closed bug which I cannot find from about a week ago on
transparent command button backgrounds.

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

[System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.2.0-35-generic-pae
Architecture=i686
Memory=3095920 kB
DistributionVendor=Ubuntu
DistributionRelease="Kubuntu 12.04.1 LTS"
Desktop=KDE4

[Gambas 3]
Version=3.3.4
Path=/usr/local/bin/gbx3

[Libraries]
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.2
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.10

I reported a bug about this a week ago(?) but I am unable to locate the
closed bug so I will submit a new bug and someone can attach it to the
closed bug. Please and Thank You.

I have the cause of the problem. I created a new icon for a new button and
it too along with the original button had a transparent background when run
by cron (loaded by Scheduled tasks).

The new icon was 48x48. I downsized it to 32x32 because it did not look
good then no transparency problem. I took the 31 day calendar icons for the
original button which were 48x48 and downsized all of them to 32x32. Voila,
no transparencies.

The size of the icon is relative to the height(?) of the button so
isolating a problem size is not possible. My buttons are 45 in height and
48x48 causes a problem.

The cause of the problem is putting too large an icon onto a button. It was
reproducable in all my KDE styles and icons so I believe it to be a problem
at your end.

Hope this helps.