[Gambas-user] Ubuntu for Android and Gambas

Rob Kudla sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Dec 10 19:34:52 CET 2012

On 12/08/2012 11:03 PM, Demosthenes Koptsis wrote:
> According Canonical we will be able to run ubuntu in any android device
> like phones and tablets.
> http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android
> Does this mean that we can run Gambas in Ubuntu in a Phone or Tablet?

Any multi-core ARM-based phone or tablet, in theory, yes. As far as I know
Gambas builds on ARM and there are armel and armhf packages for both
gambas2 and gambas3 in the Ubuntu repositories.

I won't be trying it myself until there's accelerated video playback
support (very few ARM chipsets have usable video drivers for X, just
Android) but it seems possible, and maybe you don't need 3D or video playback.

Rob