[Gambas-user] DrawArea problems with gtk in 3.3.90 - rev. #5417

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sun Dec 9 16:30:53 CET 2012

> It is fixed in revision #5420.

Thanks, I'll have a look at it as soon as I have rev #5420 installed

> But note the way you are doing animation is not good:
> - You are drawing on a non-cached DrawingArea outside of a Draw event.
> You must not do that, even if at the moment it works because you are
> using X-Window. Use a cached DrawingArea, or paint only inside the Draw
> event handler.

DrawingArea in example is named drwAbout

First line of code in Form_Activate() after the Dim is
drwAbout.Cached = True
Next I start drawing all.

Doesn't that mean I'm drawing on a cached DrawingArea? Or am I
completely misunderstanding?

> - You are using the WAIT instruction. You should use a Timer instead.
> For example, to make animations in the MediaPlayer example, I have
> implemented a little class named CAnimation. I suggest you look at it
> and steal it.

I'll have a look at the Timer and steal it :-)

> Regards,

Thanks again,

Willy