[Gambas-user] Issue 364 in gambas: Gambas3 - Make Executable Error

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Sat Dec 8 20:18:18 CET 2012

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 364 by t4769_a... at ...2320...: Gambas3 - Make  Executable Error
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=364

1) Describe the problem.
Gambas3 - gba Error (see attached graphic) when trying to make executable

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):
[System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.2.0-35-generic-pae
Architecture=i686
Memory=3095920 kB
DistributionVendor=Ubuntu
DistributionRelease="Kubuntu 12.04.1 LTS"
Desktop=KDE 4.9.4

[Gambas 2]
Version=2.23.1
Path=/usr/bin/gbx2

[Gambas 3]
Version=3.3.4
Path=/usr/local/bin/gbx3

[Libraries]
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.2
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.10
3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.

4) If your project needs a database, try to provide it, or part of it.

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.
Tried to create a small project for a previous bug and clicked Make >
Executable.

"testing.gambas" was displayed as a filename in the Make Executable form.
Instead of navigating to the saving directory, I changed the text
to "/home/????/bin/testing.gambas". The attached graphic error message
displayed. The directory exists as a storage area for my executables.

I tried it again by navigating to the saving directory and the executable
was created successfully.

6) By doing that carefully, you have done 50% of the bug fix job!

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you encounter several different problems or bugs, (for
example, a bug in your project, and an interpreter crash while debugging
it), please create distinct issues!

Attachments:
	gambas.bug.png  28.8 KB