[Gambas-user] Issue 363 in gambas: Command Button Transparency Found

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Fri Dec 7 23:07:48 CET 2012

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 363 by t4769_a... at ...2320...: Command Button Transparency Found
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=363

1) Describe the problem.
Command button background disappears (not visible) after cron job or
screensaver use.

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):
[System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.2.0-35-generic-pae
Architecture=i686
Memory=3095920 kB
DistributionVendor=Ubuntu
DistributionRelease="Kubuntu 12.04.1 LTS"
Desktop=KDE4

[Gambas 2]
Version=2.23.1
Path=/usr/bin/gbx2

[Gambas 3]
Version=3.3.4
Path=/usr/local/bin/gbx3

[Libraries]
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.2
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.10

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.

4) If your project needs a database, try to provide it, or part of it.

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.
graphics attached / before & after - I created a Gambas project with a
number of command buttons. The 'Today' button retrieves a 48x48 icon with
today's date in the icon so when the project runs today's date is shown in
the icon of 'Today.'

This works well in IDE. Works well in starting the compiled version.
Unfortunately it doesn't work from a cron job or when the visible window
goes away after the screensaver activity. The background of the command
button does not show. Nothing. Rien.

This is a good effect if it can be controlled unfortunately when the
background goes, I cannot bring it back.

I cannot find an option for command button transparency but I may have
inadvertently found it!

This is a definite bug but who wants to claim ownership. I'll start with
Gambas and then move on.

6) By doing that carefully, you have done 50% of the bug fix job!

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you encounter several different problems or bugs, (for
example, a bug in your project, and an interpreter crash while debugging
it), please create distinct issues!

Attachments:
	gambas-good.png  43.4 KB
	gambas-bad.png  49.1 KB