[Gambas-user] Gambas 3 on Website Server

Wed Dec 5 16:55:09 CET 2012

Am 05.12.2012 16:34, schrieb Jussi Lahtinen:
>> If I want to build scripts with Gambas 3 on my website's server, how
>> would you install Gambas 3 there: Downloading and compiling the source,
>> or apt-get via Kendek's PPA?
>>

> Maybe I didn't quite understand the question, but what is the difference?
> Both works fine.

Well - I don't know so much about Ubuntu. When the PPA just contains the
source, it's the same, you're right. I thought it contains a ready-made
deb package.

>> Or would you deprecate Gambas 3 here and rather use Gambas 2 for it?
>>

>   I would prefer Gambas 3 for everything.

Just found it's 8.04, do you know if Gambas 3 will compile there anyway?

Rolf