[Gambas-user] Paginate doesn't clear page

Wed Dec 5 10:56:32 CET 2012

Hi,

-- I sent this mail on Monday, but it seems that the mailing list has
been sleeping since then. So, I send it again and hope it is received by
you. Sorry if double-quoted... --

With a little bit of testing code, I tried to find out how Paginate works.

Public Sub drucker_Paginate()

    Paint.DrawText("Hallo " & CStr(drucker.Page), 300 + (seiten * 100),
300 + (seiten * 100))

    Inc seiten

    If seiten = 4 Then drucker.Count = 3

End

Public Sub drucker_Draw()

    Paint.DrawText("Hallo " & CStr(drucker.Page), 2000, 2000)

End

"drucker" is the printer object, and "seiten" counts the pages. When
"drucker.Count = 3" is called, Paginate ends and Draw is called. I think
this is correct. But the resulting three pages show this:

Page 1: 4 x "Hallo 0" and "Hallo 1"
Page 2: "Hallo 2"
Page 3: "Hallo 3"

So obviously, Paginate doesn't clear the page when it ends and the first
page of the "real" printing is printed on everything Paginate has left
behind.

If this is a feature, how can I clear the page before I start printing?

Regards

Rolf