[Gambas-user] Who use gb.report ? (to all gambas users)

Ricardo Díaz Martín oceanosoftlapalma at ...626...
Thu Aug 30 13:41:00 CEST 2012

Hi Fabien,

I'm not using gb.report cause I use my own code to create libreoffice
documents. And I make my own code because when I started using gambas there
wasn't gb.report.

In my todo list there is a big note to try to share this system with the
gambas users but I don't have enough time to do it now. Maybe next year...

My system extract content.xml and styles.xml from a odt template you have
designed on before. In the odt template you wrote some "fields" using this
way: #GB#NameOfField#GB#. When you want to print a form you must to call a
Print sub with the reference to the form you want to print. The sub search
for textboxes, text areas, etc... with name = NameOfField and replace.
Obviously it's more complex that looks like but it's the main idea

The sub can also fill tables in the odt and replace pictures and exports
gridviews to ods files (libreoffice calc).

Hope one day I'll have more time to prepare something easy to use for the
other users.

Regards,
Ricardo Díaz