[Gambas-user] Code Reviews

Sebastian Kulesz sebikul at ...626...
Thu Aug 30 03:02:02 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Tobias Boege <taboege at ...626...> wrote:
>> > I don't want to reject the idea of using this codereview tool and here my
>> > constructive questions: What if someone spots a bug in some of my code and I
>> > don't even visit that site? How could I participate without using a browser?
>> > I.e.: Can a pipe to a mailing list be established from the codereview tool?
>> > Sorry, it's late already and I only roughly overlooked Sebastian's manual
>> > link.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Tobi

>> Well, this tool integrates pretty well with email. If you upload a
>> piece of code, and somebody uploads a fix for a bug, you will get a
>> mail including the content of that patch. You can also be appointed by
>> another submitter as a reviewer or a interested party on a patch.
>>
>> Beno?t, would you even consider moving gambas to a distributed VCS or
>> is that out of the question? There are tools available that can
>> replicate the current svn structure, including tags and svn-branches.
>>
>> *Using Google code would also integrate with its bug tracker.
>
> So, if it can be made transparent over a mailing list (and we can get such
> tags in the Subject: lines to allow sorting mail) I'll drop any objection.
>
> Regards,
> Tobi

It still needs some real testing, but email works. if you send a mail
to reply at ...2922... with an issue id in the subject in
the form of "(issue ##)" including the parenthesis, the comment is
properly added. I read the source code; there is no support for adding
a patch set that way and the issue id strictly needs to be in that
format. It also has problems when answering directly to the mails it
sent, but i'm testing a custom fix for that (i will push the update
when i finish the fix, to use it now you need to create a new email),
but if you don't want to use the website, Rietveld provides a command
line tool [0]

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

[0] http://code.google.com/p/rietveld/wiki/UploadPyUsage
* You will need to download it from our website as it is already
customized. Head to "Create issue" and click "Download upload.py"