[Gambas-user] Code Reviews

Emil Lenngren emil.lenngren at ...626...
Wed Aug 29 23:35:49 CEST 2012

2012/8/29 Tobias Boege <taboege at ...626...>

> Maybe I'm too young to be conservative, but isn't sending patches and
> discussion just what the gambas-devel mailing list is for? User comments go
> to gambas-user. My mail programs perform well; why bring a second tool in?
> I can't see how it could make things better.

Well.. Mailing lists are not the best platform to handle code reviews. No
structure, only a bunch of messages.
I think it's nice with inline comments, side-by-side diffs etc. Also that
patches are not submitted until the discussions are done. In svn you first
submit a patch, five minutes later the committer finds a bug but it takes a
day to fix, so the svn trunk version is "broken" for a day.
If you haven't, look how some of the open source projects at Google are
code-reviewed. Golang for example.

/Emil