[Gambas-user] Gambas is not multi-threaded, but... (fixed version)

Sebastian Kulesz sebikul at ...626...
Sat Aug 25 01:12:31 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Benoît Minisini
<gambas at ...1...> wrote:
> Le 25/08/2012 00:47, Olivier Cruilles a écrit :
>> Hi Benoit,
>>
>> Great news, i'll try it as soon because it's very interesting. Why did you implement that now, just to know ?
>>
>> Cordialement,
>>
>> Olivier Cruilles
>
> Just because I had the idea last night, and that the implementation was
> simple enough to please me.
>
> --
> Benoît Minisini

I have a few questions about the implementation:

Would it be correct to include an endless loop in the Main() function
and execute specific functions only when called from the main process?
Can these functions have a return value? Would the executions of this
functions be deferred (with an event raised when they return a value)
or be blocking?

What would happen if the main process is ended and a task has not yet
finished it's work? Can en event been raised (with a hard coded
timeout to end the execution the event if it takes to long)?

Does the interpreter take advantage of multi(core/processors) systems?