[Gambas-user] gb.ncurses project ?

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Fri Aug 24 14:57:49 CEST 2012

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012, wally wrote:
> Does anyone have a gb.ncurses project, just to learn elementary usage ?
>
> thx wally

Hi wally,

I have a few test projects (a halfways working more(1)-like Pager) and a
working Pong implementation. The Pong is attached and should work with the
current gb.ncurses. You only have to look into MMain.module, the rest of the
sources is for game logic, IIRC.

There will be a question about 'NoDelay' mode... Answer: No. The related
code in Pong is anyway not up to date with that mode.
When I first presented that Pong at gambas-devel, Fabien Bodard pointed
out that the initial keyboard repeat delay is very annoying when playing
games. Since then I want to circumvent the true keyboard hardware
limitations - but it's not ready yet.

Apart from that, the current gb.ncurses is rather sparse, having only a
Window class for all operations. I will not break the interface but add
controls to ease the programmer's life.

Regards,
Tobi