[Gambas-user] Bug in gb.ncurses component with non-ASCII characters

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed Aug 22 15:10:13 CEST 2012

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012, William Cabrera wrote:
> Hi, when i print a text using print or printcenter function, the non-ASCII
> characters are not displayed correctly.
>
> For example, when i run
>
> $hWin.Printcenter("??, ??, ??, ??, ??, ??, ??")
>
> The output is
>
> M-CM-!, M-CM-), M-CM-, M-CM-3, M-CM:, M-CM-1, M-CM-<

Hi William,

ncurses is not aware of wide characters and the ones you tried to print look
very wide. However, there is ncursesw which can do such things - according
to the manpage. It would theoretically not be a problem to change to
ncursesw but CDK, an ncurses widget libary, which I will use to implement
controls is, in turn, incompatible with ncursesw...
I'm sorry, apart from writing all controls myself, I couldn't do anything
which means: I cannot do anything. But we can hope for CDK to become
ncursesw-compatible which is a declared and urgent goal of the developer...

Regards,
Tobi