[Gambas-user] Gambas3 Libraries problem -> Gambas 3 bug or OS distro related?

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Mon Aug 20 16:25:39 CEST 2012

Situation:
1. Build a Gambas library for system information retrieval.
2. Other developer installed my library (using openSuse rmp package) and
is using it for one  of his applications
3. He send me his application and I installed it (using a .deb package)
4. Application installs but does nothing (running command line it turns
out he is missing the depend library -> although this one is installed
on my system -> see attached screen SysStats-Terminal.png)

The library on my system is installed in usr/bin and called
SysInfo.gambas (-> see attached screen SysInfo-Terminal.png)

The library on his sytem is installed in usr/bin and called SysInfo
(without the .gambas)

After making a symbolic link called SysInfo (referring to
SysInfo.gambas) his application run smoothly on my system.

This is what we noted:
When I installed my gambas library (on Ubuntu) and go to the properties
of a project using it, it is named SysInfo.gambas
When he installed my gambas library (on openSuse) and goes to the
properties of a project using it, the library is named SysInfo

Now it seems that when he makes a package of an application using my
library the dependencies looks for SysInfo
When I make a package of an aplication using my library the dependencies
look for SysInfo.gambas.
But installing the SysInfo .deb package on my system will ALWAYS install
it as SysInfo.gambas and never as SysInfo. On his system an ls of
usr/bin shows SysInfo (without extention .gambas)

Is this a bug in Gambas3 or an issue of distributions working
differently. As I noted, I could solve it with a symbolic link, but that
is no graceful solution for end users.

I attached a screen with the project properties tab libraries where top
is on my system and bottom is on his system.(LibraryDiff.png) Note the difference!!
Put distro, desktop and Gambas info of both systems on this last screen.

Willy