[Gambas-user] High CPU usage when using serialport component

Christer Johansson lists at ...2828...
Sat Aug 11 18:49:43 CEST 2012

I will test the new version as soon as I have managed to compile latest
version
from the trunk.

Compiling on the RasPi itself is painstakingly slow so wouldn't it be nice
having
VirtualBox setup to be able to quickly cross-compile latest source from the
trunk
in an easy way :)

Something like...

  1. Download latest source from trunk

  2. Cross compile it on fast CPU

  3. Make a DEB-package of it

  4. Install DEB-package on Raspberry Pi

After trying to wrap my head around making DEB-packages and now reading a
few
links about setting up a cross compiler toolchain my head is spinning -
maybe
someday I will be knowledged enough, maybe someday :)

BTW: Thanks for looking into this issue and coming up with a potential fix
within
hours after I posted my first e-mail, you guys are truly awesome!

/CJ