[Gambas-user] GT2_10.1 Ubuntu ARM

Emil Lenngren emil.lenngren at ...626...
Fri Aug 10 19:07:42 CEST 2012

2012/8/10 John Spikowski <support at ...2529...>

> I'm curious, was the Raspberry Pi Gambas3 binary distribution built with
> a cross compiler (on Intel/AMD Linux) or native under Ubuntu ARM on the
> Pi?

There is not a single "the gambas3 binary distribution", but one for each
distro. I think most of them are cross-compiled, because there is no reason
to compile directly on the Pi. As long as the same compiler is used on both
machines, identical machine code should be produced.

I can recommend a program called "distcc" which replaces the gcc program on
the Pi with another that calls gcc with arm target on a remote computer on
the network. All preprocessing, linking etc. is done on the Pi, so include
files and libraries do not need to be available on the remote machine, only
on the Pi. "crosstool-ng" can be used to set up a cross-compiler.

/Emil