[Gambas-user] Adding values to fields in SQLite table??

Fabien Bodard gambas.fr at ...626...
Wed Aug 8 14:19:19 CEST 2012

2012/8/8 Adam Ant <adamnt42 at ...626...>

> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...626...> wrote:
> > Le 8 août 2012 04:49, "Adam Ant" <adamnt42 at ...626...> a écrit :
> >> The answer is:
> >>
> > It's create
> >> rTable=$hConn.create("Inventory",<some request to get the record you
> >> want to update>)
> >> IF rTable.Available then
> >>   rTable!name=txtName.Text
> >>   rTable.Update
> >> END IF
> >>

> > Don't open/ close the db each time
> >

> Yes, sorry Roko (and Fabien), I forgot you were trying to ADD a new row.
>
> So it's really
>   rTable=$hConn.Create("Inventory")
>   IF rTable.Available then
>     rTable!name=txtName.Text
>     TRY rTable.Update
>     IF ERROR THEN
> '       your update failed, possibly because of a duplicate key
>     ENDIF
>   END IF

THen if you want to modify a specific line :

rTable=DB.Edit("Inventory", "id=&1", varId)

rTable!name=txtName.Text

rTable.Update
db.commit

Another thing, If your app use only one db with one connection, Open it on
start

for exemple your project begin on a module Main.module

'module
Private hCon as New Connection
Public Sub Main()
  hCOn.TYpe= "sqlite"
  hCon.Name="Mydb"
  hCon.Host=user.home
  hCon.Open

  FormMyMain.Show
END

In FormMyMain do

PUblic sub Form_Close()

  db.close

end

Public sub Button_Click()

  dim rTable as result
  rTable = db.find("mytable")
  for each rTable
     print rTable!name
  next
end

in gambas 3 you can use ide to define connections of the project...

you can then use it in the project ... so main.module become :

Public sub Main()

  Connections["MyConnection"].Open

End

If you use a mysql or other table with password.

You need to add that befor :

Conections["MyConnection"].Password="yourpassword"

Fabien Bodard