[Gambas-user] Regexp based highlighting

tobi tobiasboege01 at ...1601...
Wed Apr 25 20:24:50 CEST 2012

Hi,

it's some time since I last used the Highlight class together with the gb.qt4.ext Editor and I
personally found it quite painful in the beginning. I hope, I did nothing wrong when I constructed a
large Editor_Highlight() handler?
However, my question is about a Regexp based Highlighting. Does it already exists? A sample I can
provide for that, is vim. I think about implementing that (at least) when I extend the gb.ncurses
component to TextBoxes and stuff (what the ncurses forms library provides), it may be of help in the
GUI world, too, I'm almost sure.
Remarks? (From Benoît perhaps? I saw that there exist several Highlight* classes that do the job for
quite some languages, so I _suppose_ that there's no such automatism?)

Regards,
Tobi