[Gambas-user] Issue 242 in gambas: Gamba forms fail on Debian ARM

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Apr 25 10:57:41 CEST 2012

Le 25/04/2012 10:51, Fabien Bodard a écrit :
> 2012/4/25 charlesg<charles at ...1784...>:
>>

>> kevinfishburne wrote:
>>>
>>>   I just tested gb3's memory consumption with the world
>>> generator for my game it it uses about 70 MB of RAM just to load the
>>> project.
>>>

>> Gambas apps may not consume RAM but I seem to remember that Gambas itself
>> will not compile an app if the m/c does not have 384Mb. It's some time
>> though since I tried to compile with 256Mb and failed.
>>
>> Memory management?  :-DThe first money I ever made from computing was using
>> an spreadsheet (Supercalc 1) under CP/M. OS, app and my spreadsheet all sat
>> in 64Kbytes!
>> --

> Gambas must be present in  project Raspberry. Our goal is the same,
> give the new computer user, the desire to develop.
>
> I am ready to conduct the necessary tests ... but how to get one of
> these machines, or the test may be effected via a virtual machine?
>
> -- .
> Fabien Bodard

Yes, with QEMU. Everything is explained on the net, just follow the link
provided in the issue tracker.

The problem I have is that Raspberry provides an image disk with not
enough free space on it (less than 300Mb) to install all the needed
development packages. I don't know how to take their image disk and add
free space to it, I even don't know if it is possible.

--
Benoît Minisini