[Gambas-user] Gambas3 on Slackware

Bruce Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Tue Apr 24 01:45:18 CEST 2012

On Mon, 2012-04-23 at 23:30 +0000, Dr Infoblock wrote:
> Sorry about incorrect error report, but Gamas 3.1.1 take ages to open on Slackware 13.37 x86_64.

I had this symptom some months ago. I finally found that it was caused
in my case by a bunch of configured but non-existent printers.  From
memory, I did raise it as an issue and Benoit explained it as something
to do with internal aspects of qt4, qt4 initialisation goes searching
for configured printers and waits for them to respond ... or something
like that.

Your situation may be completely different, but I just thought I'd
mention my experience.

Bruce