[Gambas-user] Relative paths in a component

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Apr 22 17:48:28 CEST 2012

I'm not at home but I answer anyway... This magic path already exists. :-)

Just add "../" before the relative path.

Public Sub Open(Path As String)

  Dim fichier As File

  If Left(Path) <> "/" then Path = ".." &/ Path

2012/4/22 Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...626...>

> 2012/4/22 Adrien Prokopowicz <adrien.prokopowicz at ...626...>:
> > Hi Benoît,
> >
> > In gb.xml, in XmlReader, i'm loading a file through the Open instruction
> :
> >
> > Public Sub Open(path As String)
> >
> >  Dim fichier As File
> >
> >  fichier = Open path For Input
> >  Me.InputStream = fichier
> >
> > End
> >
> > But when path is a relative path, it refers to the project of the
> component,
> > not to the user's project. So the interpreter doesn't find the file, and
> raises
> > an error.
> >
> > How can I make relative paths referring to the good file ?
> >

> a solution will be to add a magic path... in open funtion
> relative:
> project:/file.xml
>

> so
>
> open "project:/file.xml" for read
>
> will open the main project file
>
> this tool must work with all file tools such as exist
> --
> Fabien Bodard

Benoit Minisini