[Gambas-user] Newish IDE feature - annoying ++ in practice

rterry at ...1823... rterry at ...1823...
Sun Apr 22 10:43:04 CEST 2012

 Hi Benoit,

Some time relatively recently the behaviour of the IDE changed when a
program bug is encountered.

Previously the program stopped, and the error flashed up.

Now when the program stops, a new split is created momentarily with
the error showing in that split.

I find this very very difficult as I always split the screen into two
panels when programming.

By the time ones attention is drawn to the new split, it has often
disappeared, and also, it is so tiny when one already has two panes
for the code that the error message often can't be read.

Would there by any way of re-considering this.

There is not much to complain about with the gambas IDE, this si
probably the first thing in its entire history that I've found
immensely frustrating.

What to others think? There's been no comment about this change on the
list.

regards

richard