[Gambas-user] Issue 236 in gambas: gb.net.curl fails to connect using https

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Sun Apr 22 01:38:36 CEST 2012

Comment #5 on issue 236 by sebi... at ...626...: gb.net.curl fails to connect
using https
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=236

Okay, I found the reason. It seems that openssl's function
SSL_library_init() needs to be called somewhere before the execution of the
https request[0] to load the available ciphers .

"Reason 161 is "Library has no ciphers" returned from SSL_CTX_new." [0]

More info:
[0] https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=35160
openssl docs: http://www.openssl.org/docs/ssl/SSL_library_init.html
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.openssl.php#58581

I'm not sure if this should be done on the gb.net.curl component or libcurl
directly. I'm not even sure why this even happened.

I hope this helps. If I need to build some package again please let me know.