[Gambas-user] Grab command

tobi tobiasboege01 at ...1601...
Fri Apr 20 17:46:34 CEST 2012

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012, trat50 wrote:

> Hi Tobi, I just tried that - but it still blacks out anything not visible on
> the computer monitor.
>

> tobi-15 wrote:
> >
> > If you are talking about GB2, you can do:
> >
> > DrawingArea.Grab().Save(Path, [Quality])
> >
> > However, in GB3, the Grab method is entirely different. Refer to
> > http://www.gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.qt4/control/grab?v3
> >
> > Regards,
> > Tobi

I assume that you are using GB2? I can't help you with that aspect of the routine, I don't want to
bother myself with downloading the GB2 source tree just to look up how Control.Grab() works, there
are people around here that can tell you from memory if you are patient ;)
(In fact, I haven't read the other mails you sent before replying to your first one, sorry)

A suggestion: It is often better to draw on a Picture object and put that into a DrawingArea for
display only, as I never found a way to get the "internal Picture that is used by the DrawingArea"
mentioned in the docs. (Perhaps I just didn't look at the right places or something, but if you can,
you could go this way)

Regards,
Tobi