[Gambas-user] [Feature Request] Offline Documentation

John Spikowski support at ...2529...
Thu Apr 19 08:24:28 CEST 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-19 at 08:09 +0200, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> Could you explain this a bit more in detail?
>
> Thanks
> Rolf
>
> Am 18.04.2012 19:08, schrieb Randall Morgan:
> > Oh, I solved my offline document use with HTTtrack and simply copied the
> > site to my local hard drive.
> >

> > On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Randall Morgan<rmorgan62 at ...626...>wrote:
> >
> >> I too often develop on my laptop with no internet access. And it is
> >> very frustrating when you have no documentation to refer to.
> >>
> >> Writing a python crawler to extract the docs from the website and put it
> >> into either local html or pdf files shouldn't be too difficult. we just
> >> need an IDE hook to view the desired format.

Can't you use the Gambas browser control and view the HTML/image files
on the local hard disk? You don't need a web server for that. As long as
your internal links use relative paths, it should work just fine.