[Gambas-user] [Feature Request] Offline Documentation

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...626...
Wed Apr 18 19:07:04 CEST 2012

I too often develop on my laptop with no internet access. And it is
very frustrating when you have no documentation to refer to.

Writing a python crawler to extract the docs from the website and put it
into either local html or pdf files shouldn't be too difficult. we just
need an IDE hook to view the desired format.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:27 AM, Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...626...> wrote:

> 2012/4/18 Demosthenes Koptsis <demosthenesk at ...626...>:
> > i try to download the docs with
> >
> > wget -kvrc --*html-extension *http://gambasdoc.org/help?v3
> >
> > i think with this way we can have convert php files to html and have
> > offline documentation.
> php ... it's a gambas cgi !
>

> > if all are good i can send the tarball to put it to download section.
> >
> > Another option is to setup a cron job to server to produce automatic the
> > tarball.

> --
> Fabien Bodard

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?