[Gambas-user] Gambas 3.1 and using TRY EXEC[] doesn't close application properly (Bug or NOT?)

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Sat Apr 14 16:34:51 CEST 2012

On za, 2012-04-14 at 15:10 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> No problem there, but as your program flow depends on the installed
> applications, it is meaningless.
>
> Can you tell us which lines of your program are executed on your own system?

You must be on kwin and KDE that all goes well without problem.
First test and no TRY generated any error.
Seems that if it does sub process does not close

My information is retrieved by the second test
Try Exec ["x-window-manager", "--version"] To sWinMan

So Try Exec ["kwin", "--version"] To sWinMan will generate an error.
And I guess this process is not closed correctly

Just make first TRY test something NOT on your system like:
Try Exec ["openbox", "--version"] To sWinMan

Send you a mail with code in different order using openbox as first
test. That should do the job in replicating the problem.
Simply copy/paste into the project replacing original code in the
routine Static Public Sub ReadDesktopInfo() in SysInfo class

Thanks,

Willy