[Gambas-user] Issue 231 in gambas: Possible to build Gambas3 against GTK?

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Sat Apr 14 16:17:38 CEST 2012

Comment #2 on issue 231 by ronmcina... at ...370...: Possible to build
Gambas3 against GTK?
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=231

The problem was exhibiting itself on Ubuntu (10.04 onwards) with the
proprietary Nvidia driver installed on a HP Laptop (driving an external
monitor). For example cutting and pasting would result in the screen not
being redrawn properly until scrolling up then down when the text would be
corrected. However I've moved away from Ubuntu to Mint MDE and it would
appear that the problem has gone away (admittedly I've only tried it for
about 20 minutes but before it was very easy to reproduce). So for now I
suggest that you close the issue down and if it reoccurs then I'll do more
investigation and raise it again with a lot more info.

Incidentally Mint is based on Debian and I initially tried using the Debian
build instructions to rebuild 3.1.0 and encountered problems - I'll raise a
new issue to cover it.