[Gambas-user] Gambas for Android

Demosthenes Koptsis demosthenesk at ...626...
Wed Apr 11 01:05:24 CEST 2012

Στις 10/4/2012 17:19, ο/η jm έγραψε:
> On Tue, 2012-04-10 at 14:31 +0300, Demosthenes Koptsis wrote:
>> Στις 10/4/2012 13:07, ο/η jm έγραψε:

>>> What about a virtual machine running on Android and then from Android,
>>> ssh -X into it? (I believe Ubuntu 12.04 will do something very close
>>> to that.)
>>>
>>> No work for gambas developers + 100% compatibility with all the other
>>> stuff such as sqlite3 that would run on the virtual machine.
>>> Most high end Androids are going dual core, and soon quad core so not
>>> much in the way of a roadblock for the future.
>>>
>>> The bulk of the work is to pull everything together by Android
>>> developers so that this can happen on their platform.

>> The ssh -X solution it seems similar to Xming use for windows.
>>
>> The only problem to this is that running the gambas3 app remotely via X
>> the application has access to server's filesystem.
>> If user want to do work with files on android machine it has do have a
>> network drive like windows to have access to server's files.
> "network drive like windows" presumably means mount a network drive
> so that it is accessible to Gambas.
>
> That should be easy e.g. in Ubuntu click
> nautilus>  file>  connect to server and you got
> ssh, ftp, and many other types of connectivity which can
> be set up as mounted network drives that Gambas can then
> access to transfer files.
>
> It should be able to access the Android host if the host
> is running ssh (or ftp or anything else supported by nautilus). If the
> real internet is connected, then it can access remote hosts
> in the same way as it accesses local hosts.
> Luckily no Gambas programs need to be ritually sacrificed on the alter
> of change to make all this happen.

> This message has been checked for viruses and spam by Corpex using
> the ArmourPlate Anti Virus and Anti Spam Scanning Service.
> To find out more and see our email archiving service see
> http://www.armourplate.com or call Corpex on UK 0845 050 1898.

Yes it is easy to setup such a service.

You need a linux server with gambas
You need a user account on server with gambas
You access the gambas app via ssh and X server form windows, android
whatever.
If you need to work with files from android, windows etc you tranfer
them to a network mounted folder/drive and gambas access them in user's
home folder.

For windows to map a drive is easy, via ftp or sshfs for windows.
For android i dont know if there are apps for such things, i dont have
any android yet. i am waiting the pc version of adroid to test it in
virtualbox.
Until then i cant say something more.