[Gambas-user] Gambas3 & andLinux on WinXP

Randall Morgan rmorgan62 at ...626...
Mon Apr 9 12:09:54 CEST 2012

I've used virtualbox from Sun Micro for my Windows Vista and 7 laptops to
run Linux. Makes it simple and takes up only a little more space.

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 2:35 AM, Demosthenes Koptsis
<demosthenesk at ...626...>wrote:

> On 04/09/2012 04:39 AM, Rob Kudla wrote:
> > On 04/08/2012 11:55 AM, Demosthenes Koptsis wrote:
> >> andLinux is a ubuntu 9.04.
> >> i know it is ancient but there is no other way to run native linux apps
> >> in windows.
> > andLinux is based on coLinux, which is still developed today. Besides
> > coLinux itself, there are a number of other projects based on coLinux
> > that use Ubuntu like andLinux did. SpeedLinux is one of them, and is
> > apparently based on your choice of Ubuntu version: 9.04, 11.10 or
> > (alpha) 12.04. Give it a try, maybe?
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/freetzlinux/
> >
> > Rob

> well i see speedlinux.
>
> it is a customized colinux. Unfortunatly i am waiting the 64bit version
> of colinux and until then i cant use it, speedlinux or andLinux or colinux.
>
> Xming seems to work more austere with a real linux enviroment than using
> a *.vdi file.
>
> Also it has the feature to use it for SaaS remotely.
>
> SpeedLinux is a good choice but for the future for me.

If you ask me if it can be done. The answer is YES, it can always be done.
The correct questions however are... What will it cost, and how long will
it take?