[Gambas-user] Gambas for Android

John Spikowski support at ...2529...
Mon Apr 9 03:47:25 CEST 2012

On Sun, 2012-04-08 at 21:24 -0400, Rob Kudla wrote:
> On 04/07/2012 01:51 PM, John Spikowski wrote:
> > On Sat, 2012-04-07 at 17:10 +0100, John Rose wrote:
> >> Has anybody heard any more re porting Gambas to Android?
> > The ScriptBasic project recently ported ScriptBasic to Android Linux
>
> There's also BASIC+SQL, also GPL, installable from the Market.. er,
> Google Play:
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rfo.basic&hl=en
>
> http://laughton.com/basic/
>
> I haven't done much with it because I'm comfortable with Java for
> Android development, but it seems to work, it's another option for BASIC
> devotees, it seems to be implemented in Java (no NDK) and apparently
> will allow you to build stand-alone APKs of your programs which you can
> offer through the Market.
>
> No GUI designer, as far as I know, but I don't think any other free
> Android BASIC has one yet either. (There are a number of commercial VB
> clones for Android, but I don't think any of them have gotten traction
> yet... if someone like Real Software did one, maybe it'd happen.)
>
> Rob

The ScriptBasic dev team is packaging the interpreter in a Term.apk file
to make it installable without all the Android Linux tricks just to run
it native. Any feedback your willing to provide with this early beta
would be appreciated. Please don't use the Gambas list to reply and
either send me an e-mail to support at ...2529... or join the
ScriptBasic forum at http://www.scriptbasic.org/forum .