[Gambas-user] Issue 228 in gambas: Connection.Handle to get Pointer to underlying db->handle.

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Mon Apr 2 14:19:52 CEST 2012

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 228 by ihaywo... at ...626...: Connection.Handle to get Pointer to
underlying db->handle.
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=228

1) Describe the problem.

I would like to use some postgres-specific features that aren't part of the
current DB interface.
I can do this through EXTERN but I need the reference to the PGConn *
structure that eh gambas driver has already created.

I include a patch to create a Connection.Handle read-only property which
provides a Gambas Pointer, allowing the necessary functionality.
I have tested it with postgre, my rationale for putting it here is it could
be useful with other database types also.

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

Version: TRUNK
Revision: r4591
Operating system: Linux
Architecture: x86_64