[Gambas-user] Using ALSA library from Gambas

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Sep 28 03:02:31 CEST 2011

This mail is for Ru Vuott (Paulo):

Hi Paulo,

I finally succeeded in running your example.

There was a bug in the interpreter that prevented the alsa descritor from
being watched for reading only. It has been fixed in revision #4160.

So, in CAlsa.ini() function, the alsa fd is watched for reading. And the event
handler is named "File_Read".

When I click on the "Note" button, the MIDI event is catched by the File_Read
procedure, and the event is printed on the console. And the CPU stays quiet as
expected.

So please upgrade to revision #4160, watch the file for reading, and tell me
if it is ok for you.

Benoît Minisini