[Gambas-user] Issue 112 in gambas: gb.desktop mod for passwords - LXDE

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Tue Sep 27 04:46:48 CEST 2011

Comment #5 on issue 112 by adamn... at ...626...: gb.desktop mod for passwords
- LXDE
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=112

OK, I tried it with xdm and the gnome-keyring daemon is not started.
However, with that mod in, when I try and open a connection in the IDE
it just asks for the gnome-keyring password and then works fine.  Went
back to gdm and on login the gnome-keyring deamon is running, so opening
a connection just works.

I guess somewhere in one of the X startup scripts that gdm runs is where
the keyring gets started (rather than gdm uses it itself).

Anyway the point is, LXDE can use the gnome approach, if gnome-keyring
is installed.

Bruce