[Gambas-user] Surrogate keys and database insertions

Bruce Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Mon Sep 26 14:41:37 CEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-26 at 14:03 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:
> This feature is missing, mainly because there is no standard way to do that in
> SQL, and I don't know if there is a function for that in all SQL DBMS.
I was afraid of that. I'll do some research.  I know it is possible in postgresql and I think it can be made
generic across all inserts.  As much as I hate delving in to the twisted entrails of mysql documentation I
will endeavour...  I don't have much expertise with firebird but there is a learning opportunity, I suppose. With sqlite,
a quick look seems there is some probability.  I doubt that it is possible with ODBC.

I'll get back to you.
Bruce