[Gambas-user] Eval error

JUHASZ Robert robert1juhasz at ...626...
Fri Sep 16 18:56:19 CEST 2011

Hello Benoit,

Finally I succeeded to install the latest version of gambas2 but I
haven't succeeded with the Eval function.

1. I installed a brand new ubuntu 10.04 in virtualbox, performed the
updates and installed gambas2 from source.
Eval works fine under 10.04 but the .deb package created and installed
on an 11.04 machine failed when using Eval.

2. Today I reinstalled my ubuntu 11.04 (no virtualbox, this is the main
system on my computer), performed the updates and installed gambas2 from
source.
The Eval function works for integers but not for floats: Eval(3*2)=6,
Eval(3/2)=1.5, Eval(3*2.1) fails, Eval(3/2.1) fails.

I don't know how to check the revision but it supposed to be the latest
one:
downloaded from here: http://gambas.sourceforge.net/en/main.html
instructions followed as written in the Compilation & Installation /
Ubuntu section (note that the ./reconf-all command is missing in the
ubuntu instructions but written in the general instructions and seems to
be needed).
I also saw links to .deb installation packages of Gambas here bot both
links are dead.

Can you please tell me how to continue?

Thanks,
Robi