[Gambas-user] gb3: writing variables to a string using a memory stream and pointer

Tue Sep 13 05:00:30 CEST 2011

On 09/12/2011 10:24 PM, Benoît Minisini wrote:
>>> ' Create data string.
>>> DataPointer = Alloc(8)
>>> Mem = Memory DataPointer For Read Write
>>> Write #Mem, (Server.DateCurrent + Server.DateUTC) As Float
>>> Data = Read #Mem As Float
>>> Print "Original: "&  (Server.DateCurrent + Server.DateUTC)
>>> Print "From Mem: "&  Float@(Data)
>>> Print "Reversed: "&  Float@(Convert.Reverse(Data))
>> Your code cannot work : Data receives a Float ( Read #Mem As Float ), and
>> later is used as a Pointer ( Float@(Data) ).
> Please provide some real code that I can compile!

I put together a small project using the same variables, declarations,
assignments, etc., as the actual program. Interestingly, sometimes the
"From Mem" and "Reversed" results are the same, other times they are
different. They also seem to cycle between the same values instead of
changing based on the current time. Something really weird's going on.
Hopefully I'm just being an idiot and there's a simple solution.

--
Kevin Fishburne
Eight Virtues