[Gambas-user] ARM debugging - where to start?

Joe Michael joem at ...2671...
Tue Sep 6 09:33:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have an ARM based Genesi Smarttop unit which runs Ubuntu 10.10 and it
has Gambas version 2. When Gambas starts up gbx2 runs, consumes all
resources
in a big loop. If I start with it in command line, I get no output -
zip. No clues what
could be going on. I left a message in their forum
http://www.powerdeveloper.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2042
but no response for some weeks now.

So it looks like I have an excuse to go from being a big fan of Gambas
to an even
bigger fan and help debug  :-)

Bearing in mind this is ARM platform, and I don't know first thing about
gamabas
development, what is the first things I should do?
Please be explicit with syntax for use of commands and parameters to be
sent
to get some debug messages and results, as I won't be able to
second guess what is being suggested.

I am familiar with C (skill rating 9/10), C++ (4/10), using gambas
(8/10).

Thanks.

JM