[Gambas-user] Issue 100 in gambas: GB2 to GB3 convert fails if .icon.png is a symbolic link or read-only(?)

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Mon Sep 5 16:43:01 CEST 2011

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 100 by adamn... at ...626...: GB2 to GB3 convert fails if .icon.png
is a symbolic link or read-only(?)
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=100

1) Describe the problem.
(Background: This arose because of a gambas2 project that would not convert
to gambas3.)

In the IDE Project.class, in the MakeDirectoryIcon sub the line
hDirIcon.Save(sDir &/ ".icon.png")
fails if the path is a symbolic link. It's line 4988 in my build.

I am not sure how I ended up with projects like this but I have plenty of
them.  The exact scenario is that .icon.png is a link to another image file
in the project that was imported as a symbolic link.  I'll try to explain a
bit more.  I have a set of .png files that are used in many projects, so I
have them in a library directory and just link to them as I need them.  I
also have set the project icon (.icon.png) to one of these items many times.

Another clue is that in the project I'm looking at the two files are both
-r--r--r-- but I'm not sure why.

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

Version: TRUNK
Revision: r4080
Operating system: Linux
Architecture: x86
GUI component: GTK+
Desktop used: LXDE

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.
Can't oblige because the symbolic links will be broken.

4) If your project needs a database, try to provide it, or part of it.
N/A

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.
See above