[Gambas-user] Issue 99 in gambas: gb2 to gb3 port : deprecated control property not removed

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Mon Sep 5 16:20:50 CEST 2011

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 99 by adamn... at ...626...: gb2 to gb3 port : deprecated control
property not removed
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=99

1) Describe the problem.
My gambas2 project has a form with a ValueBox in it with the MaxLength
property set.  When I imported the project to gambas3 (by opening the
project and answering yes to the convert question) the conversion appeared
to work but when I run it it fails with the error "Unknown symbol MaxLength
in class ValueBox".

Since the property is deprecated surely the converter should have removed
the property from the .form file?

This is a problem because if the form is rarely used in the application,
the error may not show up in the short term.

2) GIVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIONS (if they are appropriate):

Version: TRUNK
Revision: r4080 I think
Operating system: Linux
Architecture: x86
GUI component: GTK+
Desktop used: LXDE

3) Provide a little project that reproduces the bug or the crash.
N/A

4) If your project needs a database, try to provide it, or part of it.
N/A

5) Explain clearly how to reproduce the bug or the crash.
Convert a project as explained above